Choose a business partner that always puts your interests first. Because the only profits we care about are yours.
- Surcharge-Free ATMs Nationwide
- Shared Branches in Every State
- Competitive Dividends
- Establish your membership with Ball State Federal Credit Union
- Competitive, tiered rates — higher balances earn higher rates
- No monthly service charges
- No minimum balance requirements
- Free digital banking
- Nationwide surcharge-free ATM access
- Shared branches in all 50 states
- $5 minimum deposit to open
- Fixed rates, higher than regular savings
- Receive higher rates by selecting longer terms
- Dividends paid and compounded monthly
- Have dividends transferred to a regular savings account, mailed to you by check, or compounded to earn a higher annual percentage yield
- Provides more guarantee than other risky investments
- A wide range of terms available (from 30 days to 5 years)
- No setup or maintenance fees
- Early withdrawals subject to penalty1
- Renews automatically upon maturity unless you indicate otherwise
- $500 minimum deposit to open
1Early Withdrawal Penalty:
You cannot withdraw any principal from this account before a maturity date without our consent and we will charge a penalty. We can only consent to an early withdrawal at the time you request it.
For an account with a term of 31 days or less, the penalty will be the greatest of:
- all of the dividends earned on the amount withdrawn from the most recent date of deposit or last renewal,
- all the dividends that could have been earned on the amount withdrawn during a period equal to one-half of the maturity period,
- seven day’s dividends on the amount withdrawn.
For an account with an original term of more than 31 days, and up to and including one year, the penalty will be one month’s dividends on the amount withdrawn.
For an account with an original term of more than one year, the penalty will be three month’s dividends on the amount withdrawn.
We will use the nominal (simple interest) dividend rate in effect to calculate the penalty. We will charge the penalty first against any dividends remaining in the account, and any excess will be deducted from the amount you withdraw.
How The Penalty Works:
The penalty is calculated as a forfeiture of part of the dividends that have been or would be earned on the account. It applies whether or not the dividends have been earned. In other words, if the account has not yet earned enough dividends or of the dividends has already been paid, the penalty will be deducted from the principal balance.
The renewal Policy for your account is stated on the individual share certificate you purchase. For share certificates unless otherwise stated, your account will automatically renew foe another like terms and the rate stated on your renewal notice. You will have a grace period of ten (10) days after maturity in which to renew.